Privacy Notice pursuant to Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”)
This privacy notice (“Notice”) is issued to all our existing and/or prospective customers, suppliers, vendors, contractors and service providers pursuant to PDPA which came into effect on 15th November 2013.
For the purposes of this Notice,
“Personal Data” means all information in respect of commercial transactions that relates directly or indirectly about an individual who is identified or identifiable from that information alone, or from that information and any other information which we may have including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinions about individuals.
“Processing” means collecting, recording, holding or storing data, organizing, adapting or altering data, using, referring to, retrieving or consulting data, disclosing or transferring data or otherwise making the data available to third parties, aligning, combining, correcting, erasing, destructing or destroying data.
“Affiliates” means any firm, company, corporation or other organisation which is directly or indirectly controlled by United Malayan Land Berhad and where the term “control” when used with respect to any organisation means the possession, directly or indirectly, of power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of such organisation, whether through the ownership of shares or by contract or otherwise.
Collection of your Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with us, we may request and collect your Personal Data which includes but is not limited to the following:-
- name and/or company name;
- nationality and identification number and/or passport number;
- profession, company name, job title and income;
- marital status and family members’ details;
- personal interests or preferences such as language, product or content interests, communicating and marketing preferences;
- contact details such as contact number, email address, postal address;
- date of birth, age and gender;
- information related to any property you may have purchased from us or have registered your interest with us for updates and enquiries;
- your photographs or images captured by way of video surveillance installed in our premises;
- bank accounts details, account details, income tax file reference no., income range, types of loan applied for in relation to the purchaser of products, introducer’s name;
- information of your agents and loan details;
- username, password and other identifiers when you register at our website; and
- any other information of which you may be identifiable from it or which may identify you that we deem necessary from time to time in connection with the commercial relationship between you and us.
Sources of your Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data from yourself and a variety of legitimate sources, including but not limited to:-
- information provided by you, inter alia, registration forms, sales forms, website;
- third parties such as third party service providers, business partners, credit references agencies and publicly available sources of information;
- your provision of Personal Data at events sponsored or organized by us;
- your participation in our questionnaires and surveys;
- your provision of business cards or Personal Data that are given to our employees, clients or business associates;
- your voluntary distribution of materials about your personal information;
- agreements and contracts for sale and purchase of our properties or for our services;
- your provision of Personal Data to purchase or with the prospect to purchase our properties;
- our lawyers, consultants, auditors, accountants, bankers and/or any other parties in which we are dealing with; and
- such other written and/or verbal communications between you and us and/or our authorized agents.
Purpose of Collecting your Personal Information
The Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by us for the following purposes:- (collectively known as “Purpose”):
- to communicate to you, such as sending out invitation for our present and future project launches, events and exhibitions and sending out information such as newsletters, emails, brochures, leaflets, letters and flyers, notices;
- to facilitate the process in preparation of necessary documentation in relation to the commercial transaction including but not limited to preparation of the sale and purchase agreements;
- to conduct and perform market or demographics or trend analysis/surveys;
- internal recording and administrative purposes such as debt collection, payment processing, billing, maintenance and upkeep of customers’ records and processing your entry in our contests and events;
- preparation and execution of documents for present and future contracting and tendering exercises;
- responding to your enquiries or complaints;
- to assess your application(s)/request(s) for our products and services;
- to verify your financial standing though credit reference/reporting checks and other background checks on you as we deemed necessary;
- to conduct marketing and client profiling activities;
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us;
- for compliance with any legal or statutory rights and obligations;
- for prevention, reporting of any crime including but not limited to money laundering and fraud
and you agree and consent to us, using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties including:-
- our subsidiaries and Affiliates;
- business associates we deem necessary and appropriate;
- information technology (IT) and data entry service providers;
- any professional advisors including external auditors, contractors, consultants, solicitors and other professional service providers appointed in relation to our business;
- property management companies;
- organizations who provide us delivery, recruitment, research, security, marketing, advertising and archival services;
- any prospective or actual acquirer, transferee, or assignee of our business/rights/assets or in relation to any corporate exercise;
- banks and financial institutions;
- insurance providers;
- any other service providers to perform functions on our behalf; and
- regulatory and governmental authorities as required by law.
Consequences of Refusal / Failure to Provide Personal Data
The supply of your Personal Data to us is voluntary. However, in the event you choose not to provide your consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing of the Personal Data by us, we will be unable to fulfill our obligations to you in relation to the Purpose.
Please also take note that your failure to provide us your Personal Data may result in the following:-
- our inability to communicate with you or provide the services you require;
- our or your inability to comply with any legal or statutory requirements;
- our inability to provide you updates about our latest launches and/or products;
- our inability to enter into any contract and/or Sale and Purchase Agreement; and
- our inability to formalize any tender/ letter of awards with regards to the sale of our property, products and/or services.
Your rights of access to, correction, and limiting the processing of your personal data
You may at any time hereafter request to access to your Personal Data and have a copy of it by submitting such request in writing.
If you are of the view that your Personal Data is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out-of-date, you may also make a request in writing for correction.
If you do not wish to receive notifications and marketing materials from us or would like us to cease processing your Personal Data in a specified manner, you are entitled to submit a written request for such restriction of the processing of your Personal Data.
We will take reasonable endeavours to comply with your request. We may however refuse to comply with the requests under circumstances as permitted by law.
Any abovementioned requests, enquiries or complaints with respect to your Personal Data may be submitted to us in writing, to the following address :-
Data Protection Officer
Bangi Heights Development Sdn Bhd
Tel : 03- 8927 1611
Fax : 03- 8920 0333
Email : marketingpdpaBHDSB@umland.com.my
Please include the following details in any of your written request which may be used to identify you:
- identification number; and
- contact number;
Security of Personal Data
We take reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Data is protected from damage, unauthorized access, accidental loss and misuse. We also require all our data processors to take reasonable security measures in the processing of your Personal Data.
You are advised to initiate review of your Personal Data. Upon receipt of your written requests for correction of your Personal Data, we will take reasonable steps to rectify the Personal Data which is inaccurate, incomplete and not up-to-date unless we consider there are justifications for refusing to comply with your requests.
Changes to the Personal Data Protection Notice
We reserve the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on our website. By continuing to deal with us or by engaging us following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, it is deemed that you have accepted such modifications, updates or amendments unless you have expressly stated otherwise in writing to us.
This Notice is issued in both the English and Malay languages. In the event of any inconsistency between these two versions, the English version shall prevail.